Did you know or already knew...

  • Backstreet Boys are the best selling boy band of all time with selling more than 100 million records
  • Brian Littrell did a song called In Christ Alone in 2004 and it became #1 on billboard Christian charts
  • Brian Littrell's Album Welcome Home was #3 on Christian Album charts for billboard in 2006
  • Hilary Duff is known as being a singer, but she is also a producer as well
  • Hilary Duff won six awards for her role in the movie Cinderella Story
  • Hilary Duff won ten awards for her tv role in Lizzie McGuire
  • Il Volo had performances on a italian show and their debut album became platinum in Italy with no single release of air play
  • Kara DioGuardi and Regis Philbin are cousins
  • Kara DioGuardi has written over fifty songs for more than fifty people
  • Kara DioGuardi sung Now You know for Cinderella Story but Hilary Duff sung it for the soundtrack
  • When Calls the Heart has two creators not just one, Michael Landon Jr. and Brian Bird
  • When Calls the Heart is the best rated program for their network Hallmark

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a new interview with Scott Macintyre


I am glad I am getting to know more about Scott with the interviews. Here is a preview of the article from realitytvmagazine.com:


America voted off Scott MacIntyre last week on American Idol and Simon Cowell chose not to give him a pass and keep him in the competition. We got to participate in an interview the next day where Scott MacIntyre opened up about his experiences on the show and what his future holds.
Question: What have you learned from your experience on
American Idol?
Scott MacIntyre: I really learned that, number one, I worked more quickly than I ever thought I could. There’s a very fast paced atmosphere involved with Idol and preparing new songs each week, sometimes a couple songs, because of the group number and because of other things going on in the midst of shopping and the Ford shoots and mentor shoots. It’s quite crazy and it’s really taught me to budget my time extremely well, and that’s something I’ll carry with me the rest of my life.
I’ve also learned that anything is possible. I never dreamed that I would be in the top eight of
American Idol when I was following the show a couple years ago and now here I am. It’s an amazing opportunity and the experiences I’ve had over the last couple weeks will never be duplicated again.
Question: What did you see in yourself that made you feel like you could be America’s next
American Idol?
Scott MacIntyre: From the very beginning I have felt like I have a story to share through my music and because of my life story and what I’ve overcome and that I pursued music as my main passion, vocally and pianistically, and all of that combined I felt like it would have been a shame not to share that with the world. And Idol’s given me the platform I’ve been hoping for, for many years in that I’m able to connect with so many people and so many people know what I’ve been through now and can hopefully be inspired by that. If I can get to this point out of almost 110,000 auditioners and end up in eighth place, I hope it encourages everyone to reach for their dreams. I hope it encourages people never to give up, and that’s the message I have for anyone in that situation.
Question: How tough was it when you’re standing there and two people want you to stay, two didn’t, and you just had to stand and wait, what did that feel like?
Scott MacIntyre: I’d have to say that was one of Seacrest’s most agonizing pauses. He’s getting a little too good at that. I was actually very thrilled to know that it was a split decision between the four judges and that was something very nice for me to walk away with knowing that the decision was split, it wasn’t unanimous. And even talking to Simon after the show he told me, and I also sensed that there was some inner turmoil in him making that decision and whatnot. So that was very nice for me to walk away with and I stand by my performance on Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews