Did you know or already knew...

  • Backstreet Boys are the best selling boy band of all time with selling more than 100 million records
  • Brian Littrell did a song called In Christ Alone in 2004 and it became #1 on billboard Christian charts
  • Brian Littrell's Album Welcome Home was #3 on Christian Album charts for billboard in 2006
  • Hilary Duff is known as being a singer, but she is also a producer as well
  • Hilary Duff won six awards for her role in the movie Cinderella Story
  • Hilary Duff won ten awards for her tv role in Lizzie McGuire
  • Il Volo had performances on a italian show and their debut album became platinum in Italy with no single release of air play
  • Kara DioGuardi and Regis Philbin are cousins
  • Kara DioGuardi has written over fifty songs for more than fifty people
  • Kara DioGuardi sung Now You know for Cinderella Story but Hilary Duff sung it for the soundtrack
  • When Calls the Heart has two creators not just one, Michael Landon Jr. and Brian Bird
  • When Calls the Heart is the best rated program for their network Hallmark

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Scott Macintyre gets booted off from American Idol

Here is a preview of the article from MTV.com:

Scott MacIntyre inspired "American Idol" fans with his story then wowed them with his piano playing and smooth vocals.
But
his "Idol" journey was over after singing Survivor's "The Search Is Over" during "songs from the year you were born" night. While the judges went back and forth about whether to save the visually impaired 23-year-old from Scottsdale, Arizona, they ended up cutting him loose.
We caught up with Scott to talk about the judges' save, ditching the piano and what's next.

Q: What were you thinking when the judges were wrestling over possibly saving you?
A: I have to say, that was one of Seacrest's most agonizing pauses. He's getting a little too good at that. [Laughs.] I was actually very thrilled to know that it was a split decision between the four judges, and that was something very nice for me to walk away with. ... Even talking to Simon after the show, he told me — and I also sensed — that there was some inner turmoil in him in making that decision. ... I stand by my performance on Tuesday night. You never know what the judges are going to say, but I think if people watch the performance back, especially in the context of everything else that went on that night, it was a good, solid performance. It's a television show, I always remind myself, so you can expect the unexpected. If the chips would have fallen a little differently, I think I could have gone on for a number of more weeks.

Q: What did you think about only 30,000 votes separating you and Anoop?
A: I thought a couple more people should have voted! [Laughs.] In all seriousness, I thought it was just amazing, because at this stage of the game, everyone has won in their own right in this competition, and there's not much difference between finishing eighth and finishing third. ... It's really what you do with the opportunity you've been given, and I have this incredible platform now, and America knows a little bit about my story, and I'm going to do everything I can to make the transition from being known as Scott on "American Idol" to, in a couple years, being known as Scott MacIntyre the singer/songwriter.


to read more just click on this link: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1608922/20090409/story.jhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews